Yesterday I was gone most of the day. When I got home I took the puppies outside to go pottie then brought them in the house to let them play then after a while of playing I put them in their kennel so they could get some food and water. Miss Delilah was fine at this time. She was running and playing and just her happy little self! An hour later, I was sitting on the computer and I could hear one of the puppies wheezing. I looked in the kennel and it was Delilah. Her eyes were watery, her nose was running and she was foaming at the mouth. I took her out of her kennel and she was unresponsive and having a really hard time breathing. I kind of paniced! I tried to look down her throat to see if she was choaking, but she wouldn't let me open her mouth and her face was so slimy from the foam, boogers, and tears I had a hard time gripping her jaw. I threw all the kids into the car pretty fast. I had to ask Alex if Jonathon was in his carseat, becuase I wasn't sure I put him in there, ha! I took her to the vet and Dr Kris was on her way to go immunize some cows, so she told me she'd call me on her way back and she'd meet me at her office. So we waited. Danny came home, so I left the kids with him and took my dad home because he was going to sit in the car with the kids while I was in the vets office. Poor delilah had to get knocked out because she kept biting dr Kris' fingers when she was trying to look and feel down her throat. Good news, she wasn't choaking. Bad news, she has strep throat!!!! Her lipnodes and tonsils were swollen and her throat was full of mucus. So, the reason she couldn't breathe was because her lipnodes were basically strangling her (which is why they call it the strangles in puppies). So she got a shot of stearroids to hopefully shrink her lipnodes, some antibiotics and i've been spraying in her throat with chloraseptic spray and giving her benadryl for the mucus! Poor little girl! It came on so fast! Now I just HOPE AND PRAY that none of the kids get it and NO MORE PUPPIES get sick!Thursday, October 27, 2011
Poor Little Delilah
Yesterday I was gone most of the day. When I got home I took the puppies outside to go pottie then brought them in the house to let them play then after a while of playing I put them in their kennel so they could get some food and water. Miss Delilah was fine at this time. She was running and playing and just her happy little self! An hour later, I was sitting on the computer and I could hear one of the puppies wheezing. I looked in the kennel and it was Delilah. Her eyes were watery, her nose was running and she was foaming at the mouth. I took her out of her kennel and she was unresponsive and having a really hard time breathing. I kind of paniced! I tried to look down her throat to see if she was choaking, but she wouldn't let me open her mouth and her face was so slimy from the foam, boogers, and tears I had a hard time gripping her jaw. I threw all the kids into the car pretty fast. I had to ask Alex if Jonathon was in his carseat, becuase I wasn't sure I put him in there, ha! I took her to the vet and Dr Kris was on her way to go immunize some cows, so she told me she'd call me on her way back and she'd meet me at her office. So we waited. Danny came home, so I left the kids with him and took my dad home because he was going to sit in the car with the kids while I was in the vets office. Poor delilah had to get knocked out because she kept biting dr Kris' fingers when she was trying to look and feel down her throat. Good news, she wasn't choaking. Bad news, she has strep throat!!!! Her lipnodes and tonsils were swollen and her throat was full of mucus. So, the reason she couldn't breathe was because her lipnodes were basically strangling her (which is why they call it the strangles in puppies). So she got a shot of stearroids to hopefully shrink her lipnodes, some antibiotics and i've been spraying in her throat with chloraseptic spray and giving her benadryl for the mucus! Poor little girl! It came on so fast! Now I just HOPE AND PRAY that none of the kids get it and NO MORE PUPPIES get sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment