A very tired little doggy!
Sally last night..
Our dog, Miss Sally Sue, had puppies this morning! We knew she was pregnant (we bred her) but we thought that dogs were pregnant for three months... Nope, only six weeks. She came in the house about 8:00 last night and climbed up onto my lap. She was panting and shivering. If I knew that dogs were only prego for six weeks I would have thought she was in labor (she was)
but since I thought she wasn't due for another month, I thought she was sick. I went to take a shower and she followed me to the room, jumps into bed, and climbs into the covers. I figured she would go find Danny while I was in the shower, but she didn't budge. I go to bed, Sally laying in the covers next to me and Danny comes to bed and puts her into her kennel. Well, Danny woke me up at 12:00 this morning and says, "I think Sally is in labor." So, we look up doggy signs of labor on Google. Reading all of the info kind of scared me. Just like humans, dogs can have a very difficult delivery. I was worried! So I fall back to sleep an hour later and at 6:30 this morning I hear a little whimper. At first I thought is that Sally? Then I heard it again and jumped out of bed because I knew it was a puppy! I woke Danny by saying "Sally had a baby!" I was so excited becuase this little puppy was so cute! All white except for a little black patch on its eye. Then she had three more by the time i had to take Alex to his music class and when I got home she'd had two more! So, if anybody wants a pure bred boxer puppy we have 4-5 for sale! (we're keeping the little white one and might be selling one to bro and sis in-law)

No comments:
Post a Comment