I can't believe that it has already been ten years. I remember this day like it was yesterday! It was early in the morning and I was getting ready for school (I was a senior). I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat and walked into the living room. My mom had the news on and they were at the world trade centers. Only one of the buildings had been hit at the time. I asked what had happened and she said they think a plane was high jacked by terrorists.. I started to say "oh my gosh" and just then the second plane flew into the second building. Mine and my moms mouths just dropped open. We both got teary eyed. You could hear the panic in everybodies voices as they were yelling and screaming. You could hear the camera guy yelling the reporter was trying her best to stay calm and keep her crew calm..It was pure chaos! People running, crying, calling their loved ones who were inside the trade centers. Then when the first building went down.. The fear in everybodies eyes.... Then the third plane that was heading for the Pentagon but crashed into the desert somewhere.. Crazy! When I got to school the whole student body was in mourning. It was such a sad day! We watched the news in all our classes the whole week until the head people (who ever they are) made us turn the t.v.'s off and get back to our regular school schedule. It was a crzy, crazy, life changing day! I will never forget what that day started. We are still living with the aftermath. I am so lucky to be an American. Thankyou to all those who fought and are still fighting for our freedom. Words can never express our (American's) gratitude.Sunday, September 11, 2011
Ten Years Ago Today..
I can't believe that it has already been ten years. I remember this day like it was yesterday! It was early in the morning and I was getting ready for school (I was a senior). I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat and walked into the living room. My mom had the news on and they were at the world trade centers. Only one of the buildings had been hit at the time. I asked what had happened and she said they think a plane was high jacked by terrorists.. I started to say "oh my gosh" and just then the second plane flew into the second building. Mine and my moms mouths just dropped open. We both got teary eyed. You could hear the panic in everybodies voices as they were yelling and screaming. You could hear the camera guy yelling the reporter was trying her best to stay calm and keep her crew calm..It was pure chaos! People running, crying, calling their loved ones who were inside the trade centers. Then when the first building went down.. The fear in everybodies eyes.... Then the third plane that was heading for the Pentagon but crashed into the desert somewhere.. Crazy! When I got to school the whole student body was in mourning. It was such a sad day! We watched the news in all our classes the whole week until the head people (who ever they are) made us turn the t.v.'s off and get back to our regular school schedule. It was a crzy, crazy, life changing day! I will never forget what that day started. We are still living with the aftermath. I am so lucky to be an American. Thankyou to all those who fought and are still fighting for our freedom. Words can never express our (American's) gratitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment