Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary



So, yesterday was our big 5 year anniversary. I took Danny to the movies, because that was what he wanted, and my parents babysat Alex. While we were out Danny had them put up my "surpirse" which happened to be a new bed. My mom kept calling Danny and I wasn't sure why, but I didn't ask any questions because I like being surprised. It is a california king size canopy cherry wood bed. He got it on sale for only $300.oo and the original asking price was over $600.00. I absolutly love it!! We have to get a new mattress because our bed was only a king and a cal king is about a foot longer (that's why there is a blanket shoved in at the end of the bed) but the new mattress can wait until we get our income taxes back. I'm so spoiled!!!!Danny has been so good to give me what I want, and I have wanted a canopy bed my entire life!! He just happened to find a beautiful one for the right price, and some day we'll have furniture to match, but that can wait. It's not the most important thing:) Anyways, thankyou Danny for my new bed, I love it!!!! Oh, we had to make some adjustments to get our current mattresses to fit until we can get a new one, and Alex is such a cute little thing. Danny had set his drill on the counter in the bathroom, and Alex went and got it, took it over to the bed and had it ready to start drilling, I of course grabbed it from him before he could scratch the wood, and told him to go get his own drill. So, Alex goes and finds his drill and "helped" daddy fix the bed by drilling and by moving around the support beams for the mattress. It was so cute!! I wish I would have gotten some pics, but I always think about it too late, then Alex is done doing whatever he was doing. Oh well!! Anyways, our anniversary was great, and to many more years of wedded bliss:)

4 comments:

Jim and Sue said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe that it has been five years! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Thankyou!! I cant believe it's been five years either.

Joan said...

Yeah! I love your bed.

Andrea said...

Thankyou!! I wish that I could get a better pic, but even with the flash on and all the lights, it ended up being super dark.