Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Doodles Graduated from Preschool and Alex Completed First Grade!



Cam had preschool graduation a couple weeks ago!! It was quite the chore, getting him to put on his cap and gown!! According to him, all the boys looked like girls, and he didn't want to look like a girl!! I some how convinced him to put on his gown and his teacher got him to put on his cap. Once he walked into the room, he was fine and no longer throwing a temper tantrum! He is so stubborn...  Preschool has been so good for him!! I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to him starting kindergarten in the Fall, tho.. Having two kids in school is kind of giving me some anxiety!!
Today was Alex's last day of first grade!! It has been hard keeping him engaged this last trimester! Getting him to do homework. Just trying to keep him wanting to pay attention!! He is a very smart boy and catches on quickly, so hopefully things are good! His report card is good, but Mrs. Barlow noticed that he'd lost his ambition a little. Today was a good day, tho!! We got up and I got Alex to the bus for the last time this school year! After the other three kids ate breakfast we hurried and got ready to go to Bobby's fifth grade gradutation! I can't believe that he'll be in sixth grade next year!!! Right after his graduation I ran next door to the school to drop off Mrs. Barlow's end of the year present. When I walked into his class room, he ran up to me and threw his arms around my waist, like he always does! He wouldn't let go this time! I barely was able to pry him off me long enough to get a pic with Mrs. Barlow!! Mrs. Barlow told me that I could just take him with me, because it was close to the end of the day. I took him with me and we left! I took him to McDonalds to "celebrate" his last day! Then, we went to Aunt Noni's house to swim! The kids had a great time swiming! They swam until Elyse started to get fussy. All in all, it was a good time!! Cheers to Summer break... I'm not sure if I'm excited or not!

No comments: