Sunday, June 22, 2014

This Week of Summer!

A couple days ago I decided I was done with diapers for Jonny. I'd tried to potty train him a few weeks ago, but he wanted nothing to do with it! Then, he got diarrhea. There was no way I way I was going to scrub that out of the floor, furniture, or clothing! So, I decided we'd try again when he was feeling better, and feeling more up to it!  He just decided he was ready! I put his little potty toilet where he can get to it easily, and he runs around naked all day (gross, I know, but! It works best with my boys..). When he needs to go, he runs to the toilet, and goes. So far he's loving it! Every time he goes I sing for him. Have you seen "The Lego Movie"? Know the song "Everything Is Awesome"? I changed the words to "Jonny Cakes is awesome! Cause he goes potty in the big boy toilet". He LOVES it, and gets him excited EVERY TIME! I'm so proud of him! He's done great! I'm hoping he'll be out of diapers %100 by Fall, but I'm not going to get too excited yet. I kow how  potty training can flip a switch, when they decide they're tired of it and start going in their pants again. Hopefully he doesn't, but he'd be my first to NOT!
Elyse is starting her terrible two's. She is only 15 months old. I get tired of her temper tantrums. She really is such a sweet little girl, and I love her so much, but there are days I'd like to put her out on the curb with a sign "free to a good home". There are days I'd put her brothers out there with her. I don't know what it is about Summer that makes me cranky, and short tempered. It's probably the heat and our crappily insulated house. Not only is it hot outside, it's hot in the house, and the a.c. runs and runs. The a.c. can only keep up if the temp stays under 100*. Any hotter and it just works so hard. If it get's over 105* it gets around 83. The hotter it gets outside, the hotter it gets inside. We hope to fix the insulation soon. It just takes money we don't have. I did put tin foil on the back windows and it keeps the sun from cooking us thru the back all Summer. It hasn't gotten as hot as the last two years, and our house cools off faster after the sun goes down. 
We have enjoyed sleeping in this summer, We're rarely all up before 8:30. None of us like mornings. I miss our big pool that we only got one Summer out of, before the wind bent it in half. It kept us all happy and cool last Summer. All we have this year is a little kiddie pool. I hate public pools. That many kids swimming around makes me really nervous. 
I really wish I could post more pics here on my blog. We got a brand new computer for Christmas and about a month after we got it, Danny tried to download something that had what I think malwear, and we've not been able to get online since. We have been paying $20.00 a month for something we can't use. I find it frustrating.. I have an Apple Ipad, Droid phone, and Dell computer. Most of my pics are on my phone, and I can't get them onto the Ipad, which is where I blog from. I rarely take pics on my Ipad, so that's just that. I will get my computer fixed, I will download photos. I will post pics, becuase my blog is more of a journal of my feelings and my kids' childhood, which is quickly passing by! I like pictures. I like to look at pictures! Someday things will be working again...

No comments: