Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Weekend

This year I really thought we'd have a super low key Thanksgiving. I had asked Trudy what she would like us to bring for the feast and she made a list of things I could bring and told her we would bring some pies and sweet potatoes. I tell Danny what we were to bring, telling him to go buy some Marie Calendar's pies and he says "ok". He was at work at the time and had to go to Vegas the next day and said he would get "supplies". I thought that this meant supplies for the sweet potatoes. Then,when he got home he told me that he was going to make some home-made apple and pecan pies. I was kind of like, ok whatever... So, Wednesday night after the kids went to bed, around 8:00 p.m., we started to make pies. Danny made the crust while I pealed and sliced the sweet potatoes and apples then he said he wanted to make a sweet potatoe/ pecan pie. Just peeling and slicing seemed to take forever! I mixed up all the apple stuff for the apple pie and Danny did all the cooking (sweet potatoes). 12:30 rolls by, Danny are both so tired we're starting to move like turtles. We go to bed, get up Thursday morning, start putting the pies together and baking. It took us from 9:00 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m.. With us both being super tired, we go to dinner, Cam's super fussy becuase he'd been without a nap and lunch (I would only let the kids have a small snack because I wanted them to eat at Grandma and Papa's house). I was a little short with the kids, but we got through it! Then Nadja, my mom, and I decided to go to Walmart for black Friday sales. We left at 1:00 a.m. did our shopping, got home 3:30 a.m. I got what I'd like to call a little nap before the kids woke up. I spent all morning on the couch trying to stay awake! Cam, thankfully fell asleep about 12, 12:30, so I went to sleep too. Alex does not nap, so I turned on cartoons for him in my room and he let me sleep for about 1 1/2 hours. I felt better for a few hours, then the fatigue kicked in again! I tried so hard to stay awake for the Boise and Nevada game! If they wouldn't have gone into overtime, I could have watched! But, I was too tired and had Danny tell me what happened the next morning. If LSU would have won, BSU losing would have been great! Since LSU also lost, BSU losing didnt do us any good. They played pretty BAD! Anyway, Saturday I went to my moms for lunch and my friend Ciara was down from Missouri and came over for a visit. It was so good to see her! Sunday, I did absolutly nothing! I was worn out! Cant wait for next year (hahaha!).

No comments: