Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pros & Cons. Overton vs Atlanta!

Danny and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out what to do with our situation. The truth is, the cost of living here is just too much. It seems like the only people that are doing ok as far as work is police officers. Even firemen have been losing their homes! (with the excption of dr's, lawyers, indian chiefs , had to throw that one in there heehee) Anyhoo, the fact is that unless Danny gets a good steady job that pays up to 5,000.00 a month, we cant afford to stay... I would love to get a job, but there is no decent paying jobs anywhere around here hiring. I've come up with a list of pros and cons of staying and leaving....



Here it goes... Pros and cons of staying......
Pros..
1. Family, moving away from them would be sad :(
2. We worked so hard to buy our first house, leaving it would be devistating!
3.All my doctors (I know weird!) I finally found an OBGYN and Pediatrician that I LOVE!
4. We know everybody ;)


Cons...
1. Nosey people (if you've ever lived here you know what I'm talking about)
2.The thought of not having enough money to get by. Possibly losing our house (like everybody else)
3.Too expensive
4. Too expensive
5.Too expensive (so, you get where I'm going with this.)
6. Danny cant go to school, like he'd like to.
7. I couldnt go to school if i chose to.
8. Crappy school for the kids...


Pros of moving to Georgia...

1.Affordable living.
2.Danny could go back to school for a degree in architechture (he wants to do this)
3.Open up the doors for so many possabilities!
4.I could go to school (I've thought about it)
5. Better schools for the kids (school dist sucks here.)
6.The FOOD!
7. I can learn how to cook some yummy southern food!
8. Starting over, making new friends...



Cons..
1. Moving so far away from family
2. Starting over, making new friends....

As you can see, I'm torn!!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can see both sides. Though -- if moving would make it that much easier to go to school and let Daniel further his career.... you could eventually move back! You just never know though... no guarantees :(

Anonymous said...

Have you found someone to rent or buy your house? Sounds to me like you want to move more than stay. We would definatly all miss you (and i dont even live there) but you have to do what is best for your family.

Andrea said...

I do want to move, but I dont.. I want all the oppertunities that moving would give us.
No we dont have buyers/ renters (there are at least 17 homes in the papers for rent each week). If we did move, we'd try to do a quick sell. Nothing is renting or selling out here. Nevada's economy is even worse now than it was last summer..

marshall memories said...

Andrea!! Making the decision is SOO tough right? Ha-Jody and I used to write down the "pro and con" list at least once a day and then go in circles and circles until we went to bed!

I wish you guys the best of luck and whatever decision you both decide.. it will be the right one and you will make it work! :) Your two boys are too stinkin cute too!! Haha- I love the hawk on Alex in the tub.. cute picture!!

Andrea said...

It really is really tough! I really hope that we aren't blinded by all the glitz and glamor that moving seems to have.. We honestly do believe that it will be good for us, but you never know unless you take the risk. It's so very scary!
Thankyou, so much Amy! You and Jody are so brave when it comes to big decision making, i'm kinda a wus HAHA! I really do think that it will bring us closer as a family, which is really good.
Thankyou again! Alex rocks the hawk LOL!