Sunday, February 14, 2010

We Have Been Blessed!

Bathtime fun, mohawk!


Eating some treats!
Last night, while I was trying to drift off to sleep I got thinking...The past year has been so rough as far as work, family, stress goes. We cant afford all of our bills, even if I got a job, it would help very little becuase finding a good job here isn't easy, then I'd be working to pay a babysitter. While Danny and I were sitting in the hot tub last night ( he has whip lash from his neck down to his butt!) we were weighing out all our options as far as staying, packing up and starting over somewhere else and how it would be very hard for me, since i'm such good friends with my sisters and how not seeing them at least once a week would be really hard! Right now we really cant see us being able to stay here. With the improvments we've made to our house it was assesed at $215,000.00, which isn't bad considering we paid $265,000.00, but it isn't worth what we bought it for, and it's just a trailer, so selling it would be impossible! I thought about renting it out, but every month in the paper there is at least 17 homes for rent, some with a lease option. So, as far as renting our house out, that wouldn't work. It'd just add to the rest of the homes out here! A part of me (if we could afford it) wants to just walk away, buy a house for cash somewhere, Danny could work full time, I could work part time, we'd be comfortable with no mortgage only having to worry about taxes, utilities, insadentals, and such. I really just feel like we are between a rock and a hard place! We cant afford our house, but we cant afford to leave. The Nevada economy is just so bad for us, and we really dont see it turning around anytime soon. Oh, the stress! Anyhoo, back to my original thought.. The things we have been so blessed for!
1. We bought our first house (cant afford it, but have it)
2.We've always found a way to stay afloat!
3. We have two AMAZING little boys who are healthy!
4. We are both in good health
5. We have 3 vehicles and two are paid for
6. We have never gone hungry, or had a utililities turned off.
7. We've never had to stand outside a gas station to beg for money.
8. We've never had to go without.. ( although, you will not see us out on a big shopping spree anytime soon)
9. For now, we have a roof over our head
10. We both have amazing family's LOT'S OF LOVE!
For all of this, we have truly been blessed! I feel like we may be closing this chapter of our lives soon. On to the next! It would be a miracle if we got to stay here, so I've come to the peace that we may have to leave. I will cry my eyes out, but it will be an adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to come to UT if you go any where. There are at least 3 or 4 houses in our neghborhood that are bank owned. We bought our house for 170,000 and i bet that they are cheeper now. Plus you would have so much family out here to help out.I would love to have you guys as neighbors. Anyways I know everything will turn around and that everything happens for a reason.

Andrea said...

We'd have to get a house under 100,000. If we did end up moving, our house would become bank owned too. Houses aren't selling here at all! Especially manufactured homes..

Blair and Ciara said...

I miss you so much. Even in difficult times you look to the positive. You are such a role model to me. It made me think about the blessings I have in my life.

Andrea said...

I miss you too! Well, looking at the bad things is pretty depressing, so I try to ignore the bad and see the good. Usually anyway...