Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kids Check Up!

I love how Alex cuddles up on Cam! It's so sweet!
Yesterday I took the boys to the dr. Cam only weighed 17lbs 14oz 2-5 % and was in the 25 % for his height and head size (cant remember the measurments..). Alex was 33 lbs 50% and 38 in. I think, about 50th%... When the dr started asking me questions he asked me if Cam was getting three meals a day (yes) and if he was a good eater (not so much). He then asked me how much milk he was getting. I told him as much as he wanted.. Not so good! Cam doesn't eat alot because he's not hungry! I never had this problem with Alex! He'd drink all the milk he wanted and still scarf anything down that I gave him, lots of it too! He was like a little hoover! He's picky now, but he'll eat lots of the foods that dont look suspicious! Anyhoo, they told me no milk for 1 hour before a meal, no milk til he eats his food all gone (or close to it) and that he should only get about 16 oz of milk a day! If he's thirsty before a meal, he gets water. We tried it this morning, giving him breakfast before milk. He wouldn't eat at first, so I gave him some water. He drank almost the entire cup of water, then he ate his cerial almost all gone! The dr was very helpful! I think Cam will start being a good eater now!

No comments: