Thursday, October 4, 2012

Proud of my Boy




I just have to let everybody know how proud of Alex I am! When he started kindergarten I knew that he'd struggle at first. He's not real used to that kind of structure. We put him in music class last year to get some structure, but his teacher pretty much let him do whatever he wanted. If he didnt feel like participating she didnt make him. If he felt like running around, she let him. It was a total bust! So, when he started school I was so nervous! I knew he'd be great once he got used to the structure, but I also knew it would take some time. I serously expected to get called in for parent/teacher conference the first day of school! I didn't and have yet to. I do know that he was a little rough at first. He was used to his  music class teacher letting him do whatever he wanted, so I figured he'd think the same of his school teacher. I know it was a lot of work, but Mrs. Hammons has tamed the wild in him! I think she is amazing! He just needed a teacher with patience and a lot of sructure, and she's both. She is one of the most structured teacher ever! It's been amazing for Alex! I was so nervous! I'm very pleased with the progress he's made!
On another note... Last night Lara, her kids, Nadja, her kids, my mom,  Alex and I went to see ParaNorman. I've never taken Alex to the movies (not counting the time Danny and I were on vacation and took him to see Knocked Up. He was only 5 months old at the time), because he's a little hyper. He's mellowed out so much with age, but he still has quite a bit of energy! So, I take him to the movies, we had Bob and Davis on one side of the theatre, Tara, Diddy Bear, and Allie in the  middle of the theatre, and Mattingly, and Alex on the other side while us adults sat up in the middle of the theatre so we could keep an eye on all the kids. All the kids were so good! Diddy fell a sleep, Alex sat the whole time and probably drove Mattingly nuts! I dont like watching movies with him because watching movies with him is like playing 1,000 questions! I could hear his questions, but they were far away and directed toward Mattingly, lol! "Why aren't they just nice to Norman?", "Mom! Where are the zombies?!", and my favorite... "What are you guys laughing at??" The movie aws funny, but like most animated movies now a days, the humor is more directed toward adults. He couldn't understand why we were laughing. It was fun and now we all have a date to go see "Hotel Transylvania" when it comes out. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Layne Bradford said...

So AWESOME! I have Devri's parent teacher conf tonight. His school pict is so cute. I cant wait to come down and see you all. Devri is decent in movies, Lucies still a tad young i was so excited when she fell asleep in Finding Nemo 3d lol .

Andrea said...

Alex's parent teacher comference is like the 23? they have the day off from school and the teachers meet with all the parents in three days! Crazy LOL! Alex is good in the movies too. I haven't taken him ever because, you know Alex.. He's crazy, lol! He's grown up a lot the past year, though! I haven't taken Cam yet,though.. I'm sure he'd be fine. He's not even nearly as crazy as Alex was! We cant wait for y'all to come down next month either! We'll have to get all the kids together at the park or something!