Friday, February 24, 2012

Something I've Gotta Get Off My Chest (because it's bugging me..)

A "rumor" about my little Alex went around last year of being autistic. I'm not going to lie. He  does have some issues (A.D.D., A.D.H.D) but autism is NOT one of those issues... Hearing these things about your child from anybody but a dr is kind of offensive. I know I'm offended.  Being around a bunch if people you've met maybe once in your life, being in an unfamiliar place causes stress in a little four year old. He handles stress by freaking out. That's normal for him. After hearing these "rumors" I talked to my mom's friend who is a special ed teacher who works with autistic kids from mild to severe.  The first thing he did when he met her was give her a great big hug. Anybody knows (whos been around autistic kids) that even mildly autistic kids DO NOT like to be touched by even their own family members. Potty training can take years or be unrealistic. I know I go on my rants about Alex. He is a very good, helpful, and loving little boy. Do yourself and me a favor and LEAVE MY CHILD ALONE! Worry about your own kids/your lives.
I'm sorry to be so harsh, I'm just sick of it!!!

2 comments:

Nadja said...

I was looking for a "like" button.

Kris said...

I am sorry anyone would say things, especially about your child, that aren't true. You know him better than anyone and therefore you know what is best for him and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.