Thursday, October 9, 2008
Money saving
So, Danny and I have been trying to come up with ways to save money, make money ect. Well, last night we were sitting on the couch watching a movie and i had brought up breast feeding to help save money and Danny turns to me and says " you dont have to breast feed, you can just vacuum your boobies". Of course I laughed and then said " you mean pump my breasts?" He was like, yeah,, pump the milk out. And i told that was what I would be doing if I were to breast feed because breast feeding looks like a huge pain in the butt!!!! I just thought that was funny!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Pumping SUCKS its like double duty. Your feeding out of a bottle then you have to go pump so you dont run out of milk. your working twice as hard. I had thought of that when devri wouldnt latch on and did it for a day or two, then said screw this she's getting a bottle. It just took to much time, to feed and pump. But thats just my thoughts
I have to at least try it, and if it becomes too much of a hassle, i will switch to formula. I could just save $130 a month if we dont have to buy formula.
Oh i totaly understand trying it, I mean if you do it and save money thats awesome.If you do think you are going to end up with formula, when ever you have a little extra cash buy a can of fomula now. They last up to a year to a year & a half if they arnt open. We will probably start doing that once we get prego along with buying dipers when they are on sale. So its not as bad as a hit when its born. We did diapers when i was prego with devri and we didnt have to buy diapers till she was 6mos. It was nice.
I was going to start buying formula right now, but I still dont have a job and so we dont have any extra cash. I really want to give breast feeding a good try. My friend said that she would help me to do it because she did with both her kids up until they were 1. She knows tricks and stuff to get them latched on and stuff. If that doesn't work, we'll have to switch to formula. So, you have to wait til feb to get prego again, or later? That sucks!!!! You should tell Brian that you'll just have to be poor for a while so you can get knocked up now.
ya ya were already poor. if we had a kid we would be desolite & out on the street.
Did you not breastfeed your first? You'll love it. Yeah, it's a big-time inconvenience but it's so good for them and it's great for you as well - burns major calories without any effort and the bonding thing is so, so worth it. Also, with my second baby, I was running around all the time trying to take care of the house, the kids, etc. and nursing forced me to sit down and relax for 20 minutes and sort of de-stress. Don't give up if it's hard at first! Even on my second baby it took me a few weeks to figure it out but it's really worth it if you can do it. One last thought - once you are established you can always try supplementing with formula and not have to pump at all. Hope that helps!
I've heard mixed reviews about breast feeding. I didn't breast feed Alex, I didn't even try to and felt guilty for it when he was tiny. I'm going to give it a good try and hopefully that's good enough??
Yah, Layne, I know where your coming from!! we might be out on the streets too:) I think that we should have planned the whole baby thing a little better, but it's way too late now! either way, we'll pull through, we always do:)
Post a Comment