Elyse just started crawling on all fours about three weeks ago. I know it's way late! She was 17 months old. It's so crazy to me that she was this old... I really thought she'd just skip the whole crawling stage all together, but she didn't. She just did it a lot later than "normal". She also pulled herself up to standing all on her own today! I was pretty excited! I know she's a completely healthy baby. She was born three weeks early, which is full term. She was born early because the placenta that was supposed to be delivering food and oxygen to her, had died. If left in my belly to cook much longer than she was, she too, would've died. I have no idea if the condition of the placenta has anything to do with her setbacks, but, it'd make sense to me if it did. The things she can do, tho is pretty amazing! She has a pretty extensive vocabulary for only being 18 months old. No, she isn't talking in sentences, but she learns a new word every other day. She tries to mimic EVERYTHING I say. Even sentences. She'll say one of the words I say then a bunch of jibber jabber. Here are some of the words she says- doggy "goggy" she knows the doggy says "arf arf" and she says "arf arf". She says- go, no, blankie (gankie), meow (we don't have any cats because Alex is allergic, but we have friends with cats), nigh nigh, num num, girl, pretty, tickle, momma, dadda, ball (baow), PEEWHEW!,
Yay!!, poo, yeah, hello, hi, shoe (soo), Bye bye. These are just the words I can think of. She can pick out one word out of every sentence I say and repeat it. (It's a good thing I don't swear!). Obviously she can self feed. (she's been able to for a long time..). She can grab with her index finger and thumb (again something she's been doing for a while..). She into EVERYTHING! If she can get to it, she will! She adores her older brothers! She follows them EVERYWHERE!! Alex is the only one annoyed by this! Cam is pretty patient with her, and Jonny? He just adores her back! Not to say that Alex and Cam don't adore her, but they're older and they get annoyed. She is still a huge momma's girl! Daddy is also one of her favorites, and her cousins! She loves her cousins! The older ones carry her everywhere she wants to go, so she's quite spoiled! The younger cousins make a huge fuss over her, which she LOVES! Poor child is starving for attention, haha. Okay, so she's not. But, you'd think she was..There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for her (and all my boys). I truly am blessed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment