Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family Ruenion and The Fourth Of July

This past weekend we went up to Utah for a family reunion of just the Bradford kids. We decided that we really didn't want to eat fast food, so on the way up we stopped at a park in Beaver for a picnic. The kids had a great time playing and running around!









Firday morning (after we all only got about four or five hours of sleep) we all got up early and headed to Lagoon! It was so much fun! We snuck Cam onto a few rides because we're bad.... We did'nt want to spend money on tickets. Alex and Cam both loved the choo choo! They loved looking at all the wild animals and just being on a train was so cool! We took the kids on Puff The Magic Dragon (a kiddie roller coaster that goes fast like a "big kid" roller coaster.) Alex thought it was great. Cam fraked out a little bit! We then went on a dinosaur drop thingy (like the stratosphere only for kids). Alex is afraid of hights and was shaking like crazy (surprisingly wasn't crying, though) Cam was scared and crying! Danny and I laughed so hard! We then took the kids on a pirate ship ride. Alex kind of liked it, but Cam hated it. By this time it was starting to get warm outside, so we decided to go to the pool. Alex and Cam were both so excited to go swimming! Alex was so excited that he thought he could run off! He was walking behind Danny and Danny turned around and Alex was no where to be found! I was so SCARED! We searched the park for 20 minutes when Danny finally found him. He was walking around scared and crying! I wanted to hug him then beat him for running off. I was so scared that he'd drown or been kidnapped. It was scary! He then clinged to me! He's now so afraid to leave my side, even long enough for me to go to the bathroom. I dont think he'll be running off again anytime soon.. After the water park we went and ate, checked out the pioneer village then ditched the kids for an hour or so, so we could go on the "big kid rides". I had so much fun on the roller coasters! I love them and surprisingly they dont make me sick. After our fun time it was getting late, so we left Lagoon. We all slept pretty good. Alex and I kept waking up. We dont sleep well in other places than our own beds, but we still probably got about six hours of sleep. Danny, Cam, and Jonathon all slept great!









This was our tracking device for Lagoon :) Saturday we went to the park for some lunch then were going to go to the lake for some boating fun, but there were so many people there that they closed up the docks and weren't letting people in. I was alittle bummed... So, we went back to Brian and Laynes house. Danny made some etouffe for dinner that night then we headed over to Mark and Janis' house for etoufee and a crawfish boil! I love craawfish and shrimp! We took some pics. My kids do not like to sit still for pictures! I think they think that the camera will still their sole!


Sunday was a pretty laxed day. We all slept in until 10. Alex and I again didnt sleep very well at all. We both kept waking up. We had dinner over at Scott and Kaylene's house, then we went to the ampetheature for family pics. I was dredding this! The pics were set for 7:00 p.m.! I just knew it was going to be a disaster! My kids and I hadn't been sleeping well, it was late, the kids hadn't been taking naps. All, of which were headed up for disaster, and disaster it was! Cam was his usual cranky self, nothing out of the ordinary for him but Alex was so BAD! He is never that bad, but he just sat there and scrame! He didnt want anybody talking, looking at, or touching him! It was very out of character for him to be like that. He wasn't having it and he'd had it! It was ugly, so I was jazzed when pics were done! After pics we went back to Scott and Kaylene's house for family home evening. We had to cut it short because we were leaving at bedtime so that the kids would sleep the whole ride home, and for the most part, they did. It was a quiet ride! I think we need to get the kids out more often. We haven't been on a vacation since Alex was 13 months old. So, the kids didnt travel very well! We need to get them used to it. All i know is that i'm glad to be home!



The fourth was pretty uneventful! The kids and I were too tired to watch the fireworks. We had dinner at Lara and Chris', came home and the older two went to bed and Jonathon and I cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. I did watch a few fireworks from my kitchen window, but that was it.




















































































No comments: