Our sweet little boy!
Yes, I know how I look.... Finally! I get to hold him :)
He's so perfect!
Right after his first bath.
Daddy and Jonathon
Aunt Lara and Jonathon
Aunt Lara and Daddy got to play with Jonathon before mommy did...
Monkey toes :)
Grasping onto Daddy's finger
Resting
His assesment
Making sure he's healthy
Good strong cry
Not too happy about being poked at
He's here and healthy!
I was SO out of it!
Sweet little monkey!
Sleeping on mommys's chest!
waiting to leave the hospital! (Warning: blogging on sleep deprivation and pain killers. No, I'm not drunk)
Monday the 11'th came. I hadn't slept all night. I was so excited about my appointment in the morning to have my amnio (was also pretty scared...). We wake up birhgt and early and my mom comes over to watch the kids while we are in town. When we get to the hospital they hook me up to the baby monitors. While monitoring me, the nurse told me that the baby wasn't looking like they'd like him to, but everything was ok. Dr. Swainston comes in, does my amnio (which wasn't that bad...) and then he looks at my strip and says the same thing as the nurse. He told me that they might be keeping me there at the hospital. He told the nurse to keep me on the monitors and they both left. As soon as they walked out of the room, the baby's heart rate dropped. Dr Swainston walks back in and says the baby is not supposed to be doing that (i wasn't having contractions at the time.). So we sat there while I was being monitored and they decided to admit me. The baby finally stabalized so they decided to start me on a really low dose of pitocin just to see how he'd handle labor.At first he was doing great, but that didnt last more than an hour and a half. He then started to have major decels in his heart rate. My nurse called Dr Swainston, comes back in an tells me the dredded news! Dr. Swainston was on his way to the hospital to do an emergency c-section! My face, Danny's face, and Lara's face's dropped! All of us were pale and I just started bawling! I was SO scared! I've never been so scared in my life! So I sit there crying, they give Danny and myself our surgery atire. Danny gets all surgery ready, and I'm still crying. I didnt want to go! We walk to our o.r. and i'm having major anxiety (I could hardly breathe) and we go into our room. It's freezing, bright, tons of people every where. I sit on my operating bed and my nurses student just stood there with me and held my hand and rubbed my back. (she was so sweet!) I was pretty much in shock! they give me my spinal, Dr Swainston comes in and tries to lighten the mood (after Danny had given him a hard time in the hall. So sorry about that...) They bring Danny in, cut me open, pull the baby out and there is no visable reason why he wasn't handling labor.. He was perfect and healthy! After it was over, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. I'm just so thankful that Jonathon was healthy and I had an awesome dr! My anesthisiologist gave me a little somthin somethin in my i.v. to calm me down ( I wanted to kiss him after that) and I got stitched up and went to my room shortly after to see my sweet little baby boy! Recovery has sucked really bad! It hurts to laugh, sneeze, cough, make sudden movements. I cant wait to be able to rough house with my big boys again because I have missed it so much! It was a pretty crazy ride, that's for sure! All I know is that we are so lucky to have three healthy, beautiful boys!!!!


7 comments:
Awe, he's so precious! He looks a lot like Danny, right now at least. I hope you're feeling ok & your other 2 boys are being good for you. I can't imagine having 3 little guys! I hope Jonathan starts getting his sleep pattern straight, and I hope ya'll are doing well! love you!
THankyou, Nell! He's already changed in appearance so much! He changes everyday. So far having three haas not been hard. Cam gets a little jelous sometimes, but he's been really good. The hardest part has been the c-section. I cant lift the kids at all and it's been so hard! We already got Jonathon's clock turned around, thank goodness. We just wake him up at about 6 and for the most part keep him awake only letting him take cat naps. It was alot easier than it could have been! I thought it would be alot harder, but he's so easy going that he doesnt mind us waking him up all the time :)
You just made me even more nervous for labor and delivery now.... Geesh!! :)
I can't even imagine but luckily you were in the VERY best hands possible! LOVE Dr. Swainston.
What a beautiful baby! Hope you are well on the road to recovery.
Thankyou, Sue!
Hahahaha! Amy! I was very glad that I go to such a good dr! Even though being sliced open isn't ideal, he did what he needed to do to get Joanathon here safely :)
Those pictures are so cute I have to catch my self and say no no more babies layne.
Thankyou! Well, maybe you're supposed to have another ;)
Post a Comment