So, Danny decided that since we were going to be having another baby at the beginning of next year it was time to start potty training Alex. Alex just turned 18 months on the first of Aug and him being so young I really didn't think that he would even have an intrest in the potty at all!! As you can see...... he climbed into it. He did sit on if for a second, but I wasn't brave enough to take his diaper off. He wouldn't sit there long enough to actually go potty. He did have a really good time filling up the toilet with toys, then taking them out. It became kind of a game to him. I'm sorta scared to potty train him, because I dont really know how to go about the situation. Every kid is different and I dont know how to approach it. Oh, well!!! He's still my baby boy and when he can sit for more than a couple seconds, I will try the potty thing. I really dont mind changing diapers, I just dont want to be changing his still when he's four!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did you know Ann had Sophie potty trained before she was 1. You might want to ask her what she did. My sister got books, movies, snacks & drinks and locked her and her son in the bathroom for the day (well they did take a nap break but then it was back to the bathroom). They just hung out and she would just have him get on the potty every little bit. Good luck. Plus it will help money wise to only be buying 1 set of diapers when the baby is born.
Yeah, i think that if he could sit still on the toilet he'd get the concept, but he cant sit still for very long. Also being a boy, i hear that they have smaller bladders and have a harder time with potty training. We'll see how it goes. It makes me kinda sad, he's growing up way too fast!!!! First potty training, then someday preschool, then kindergarden and so forth. I think that's a little dramatic, but that's how I feel:(
Yah - um,,,,,,,good luck!
Hey, tell Danboy happy late b-day from his loser of a sister!!!
I'm not holding my breath about the whole potty training thing. I really dont think that he's ready yet. I told Danny Happy b-day for you and he says thanks!!!
Post a Comment