Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fourth of July

This year was the first in two years that Danny didn't have to work. He worked the night of the third, so he slept most of the day. We were invited to my cousins house, but we didn't make it. I wasn't going to brave all four of my kids in a big pool alone, where they could drown! We also got invited to some friends house for a BBQ and some swimming. Danny and I decided it would be fun and the kids would love it! They did love it, mostly.. Cam was sure he was going to drown! We had fun! We came home so Elyse could take a little nap before we headed to the fair grounds. At about 8:30 we headed to the fair grounds to see the fireworks. I was worried about Jonny and Elyse being cranky (because it was past their bed times) and afraid of the fireworks. They were niether! They were so happy, and good, and they loved the fireworks! I put Elyse to bed as soon as we got home. We took the boys outside to light the fireworks Danny had bought from the Indian Reservation. The sparklers didn't last as long as we remembered them lasting when we were little. The big fireworks were pretty cool, though! Danny didn't realize they were the ones that shot up into the air! There was a small incedent where the firework pack tiped over. We started a tiny fire in our weeds (Ooops!) We had our hose ready for any reason we may have needed it, and we did! We put the fire out and shot off the rest of the fireworks, then we sent the boys to bed. In Alex's words, that night "was EPIC!" Danny and I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning, talking and watching "Supernatural". I love our 1:00 a.m. coversations! They are my favorite :). We are both usually really tired and goofy. I especially get super silly when I'm tired. Danny likes to laugh at my craziness. It is when I have my best thoughts, after all! I love any holiday that we actually get to spend together! When Danny has to work, it kind of puts a damper on things, but, I am very greatful for all that he does! He works his tail off, so we can have food in our bellies, a roof over our heads, running cars, and the clothes on our backs! I really can't complain too much. Life is good..

No comments: