Tuesday, December 17, 2013
We Need a Little Christmas!!
Okay, so I've had a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, this year. I have no reason to not be excited! Danny worked his tail off so we'd have enough money to buy presents. But, still. I've not really "felt" it this year. I really want Christmas to be about Jesus' birthday, not about presents. I'm trying to teach the kids that it's not all about Santa, reindeer, and presents. I told them that if it weren't for the birth of Jesus, there would be no reason to celebrate. There'd be no Santa or presents. I guess it frustrates me. I do get it, though. When I was little it was all about presents, and who got what, and more, ect.. I love the imagination of little kids. I wish I could go back to the time when I believed in Santa, leprechauns, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and so on. I love to see the excitement in their eyes. Especially on Christmas morning when they see all the presents for the first time. It does bring joy to my heart, but it's just so much. I know there will be a time when they get the true meaning of Christmas, and that it's not because of Santa and presents. Christmas is just such a selfish holiday. it's all about the "I wants". I get a list of "I want" all year round. I want this, I want that. Mom, can I get that for Christmas? I know it'll possibly be this way their entire lives. The truth is, is we already have so much. So much to be thankful for. It seems like that is never enough. We cant be thankful for the toys we have,. The toy that have been sitting in the bottom of our toy box's for the past year. We don't care that we've lost interest in them. We want more, because it's never enough. I'm not wanting to be a "lame" mom who doesn't get her kids presents to teach them a lesson. I just don't want to give them everything they want. I do want them to learn. I do want them to be humble, and thankful. Someday they will see, I'm sure. There's more to life than presents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment