Yesterday was Alex's first day of school. It started off a little rough.. I got Alex on the bus. First thing, was, I was told by the school his stop was at Lyman/ Mesa View, which is literally right outside my door. The bus driver told me it was not, but was down the street. Though inconvenient for me, because I don't feel comfortable with sending Alex off to the bus stop by himself, I said ok. I could use a little bit of exercise first thing in the morning. I did not get a single picture of Alex, or Alex getting onto the bus. We load up the kids in the car and head off to the school. The bus beat us there and as we were walking I heard the first bell wring. Afraid I wasn't going to make it in time to see him and get a picture of him lining up for the first time, I start walking really fast!! I start looking for his orange shirt, but cant see it. I see his teacher and class all lined up and he wasn't there! I start panicking just a bit,"where could he be?!". I then spot him standing by himself, by the drinking fountain. His lip was quivering and I could see him fighting back his tears! It broke my heart! I called him to me and gave him a big hug and apologized for not being there. I started taking him to his teacher and the "helper" came and was dumb. I told her he was in Mrs. Barlow's class and she was like "There's no Zachary on this list." I was like "There wouldn't be because his name is Henry..." She was like, "Oh! I thought he said his name was Zachary and he wouldn't tell me his last name.". So, she kept talking and Mrs. Barlow started taking her class back, probably being rude, I left the "helper" lady to stop Mrs. Barlow so I could introduce her to Alex. I didn't want him to feel any more scared or lost! I think he growled at Mrs. Barlow, which is a normal "Alex reaction" to meeting new people. He's quite shy in someways, and super outgoing in others. I left him feeling terrible! Then we go to leave and Cam is missing! I start looking for his blue monkey shirt in the play yard, and he's not there. I then see him crying in a crowd of women. One of them knowing who he was, was pointing him to me. I go get him, then we leave. We head home and I'm so worried that his day is just going to get worse. When his bus came in the afternoon, he doesn't jump off right away, it was like a minute and I almost was at the door when he finally popped off. His bus driver, was like,"does he get off here?" I told him "yes, he does". I almost had a heart attack thinking he'd missed his bus, or gotten onto the wrong one when he didn't get off right away. He was all smiles and covered in paint! He said his day was "AWESOME!" ! I cleaned out his back pack and opened his lunch to see that all he ate was his cheese stick!! The ONLY thing he ate! So, he ate his lunch when he got home. He was a hungry boy... He got to borrow two books from the school library, which he thought was the best! We wen't to Grandma Trudy's and Papa Henry's for dinner, came home and then the kids went to bed. I'm so glad his first day is over and done with! It started rough, but ended great! Now, I'm ready for Cam to start preschool! He and Alex are really good buddies, so Cam drove me nuts most of the day! He's completely lost without his Alex! It'll be good for him to go to "school", though he told me school is "lame". He'll love it, though! There you have it! Alex's first day and Cam's first day without Alex, and my first day with a big, all day school goer (is that even a word??), first grader!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment