Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Due Date

Today is my due date with little miss. She will be three weeks old tomorrow!! I don't really know why, but it's just crazy to me! I had a scheduled c-section for last monday, the 25th.
i'm just so very thankful that she is here and healthy! She has been growing like crazy since she's been born!! She weighed 5lbs 2oz at birth. She only lost a couple oz before we left the hospital. At eight days old she weighed 5lbs 9oz.At 15 days old she weighed 6lbs 8oz, which was Cam's birth weight. It's amazing to me... She just had to be born so she could grow!! I'm guessing she's 7-7 1/2 lbs now. The girl can eat!!!
Some feelings I've been feeling since she's been born (not all are based around her.)

Complete. I feel so blessed to complete our little family with such a sweet little spirit.
Overwhelmed!! Danny has been working nights and sleeping during the day. I've had some rough days...
More in love with my little family!! I don't know if it's possible, but I feel so blessed to have a healthy beautiful family.
Sad... There have been some lonely days where I just sit here with my angry Jonathon, misbehaving Alex and Cam, and extremely spoiled newborn. It can get overwhelming to where I just don't know what to do. Thank goodness it's not an everyday thing.
As miserable as being pregnant is, I totally miss it!! I miss feeling and watching my belly move around. I miss a little game I played with myself called "name that body part".
It's completely weird, but putting away my maternity clothes made me a little sad. It usually does after I've had a baby.
I always get "baby blues" and after Cam was born I got ppd. It sucks...
The past couple days I've been wondering why I chose the repeat cesarean. I had two babies naturally, I could've done the VBAC. My dr was willing, but at the time I didn't want to. I was scared of being in another emergency situation. I probably would've been fine. Elyse probably would've been fine. I was happy with my decision to do the section up until about two days ago.. My belly is still tender and all I can think about is working out and getting skinny again. It was completely my decision, so I need to get over it.
I have a fear of my tubal not working (don't need to worry yet..). My dr told me that it was a 1 in 300 chance (if i remember correctly) of it not working. I told him that if it were to not work on somebody, it'd be me!! He told me that him and Martin take a little more tube out than necessary to make sure it's a little more successful. So I probably shouldn't worry so much about it. But I do.
I worry so much. Not just about Elyse, but all my newborns! I have a fear of them dying of SIDS! I wake up so many times during the night to make sure they're still alive! This is why my babies sleep in my room right next to my bed either in a swing or bassinet. Because I don't want to actually have to get up. I hate worrying so much, but I do!!
Elyse has dimples!! I'm a huge sucker for dimples... I love dimples :) Her left dimple is deeper than her right. Right now you can only see them when she cries, because her smiles are mostly gassy smiles right now. She does have a little smirk, though. She gets that from her aunt Noni :). I just love the dimples, haha!!
These are my completely random thoughts as of late. Not that exciting....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is darling!! Congrats on your beautiful family!!