Saturday, June 2, 2012

VBAC vs. RCS

So, i've been thinking about this a lot lately! I started thinking about it when Jonathon was first born via emergency c-section. But now I'm thinking of actually trying to get pregnant again in the near-ish future. The thought- vaginal birth afer cesarean or repeat cesarean section... Lately it's ALL i can think about,  oh and the strong chance that I could possibly have a blood clotting dissorder called thrombophelia. How do I know this? Both my sisters were diagnosed recently and it is genetic. How it's treated? Giving yourself a shot in the stomache throughout pregnancy to thin your blood. So, if I were to try a vbac although the chances of uterine rupture is rare, it does happen! To my advantage, though, I've had two previous vaginal deliveries. Both labors only lasting four hours. As far as labors go, four hours is considered to be really quick. BUT, I was induced both times. I've never gone into labor on my own and I dont think I'm willing to go over my due date. I dont think that anything good comes from going over. So, back to the vaginal vs cesarean. The chance of uteran rupture is 0.04%. I've never had much luck and am scared that I would be one of the unlucky ones. The chance of a mother diing by uteran rupture 0.02% but the chances of a baby dying is 0.07 %. If I did have to be on blood thinners i would think that my chance of bleeding to death during rupture would increase significantly. One would think, anyways. The whole thing just gives me panic attacks! All I know is that I refuse to get pregnant again before I talk to my dr, because I'm freaking out! The worst thing that could happen is that I die leaving my babies without a mother or the baby dies leaving the family without a sibling/child. I just dont know if the risk would be worth it....

1 comment:

Kesokram said...

Sorry, but I think yu should leave well enough alone. You have three wonderful boys, a loving husband and family who hates to see you suffer. And what if something did go wrong? Not only would you leave behind a young family, you would also leave behind a family of your Mom and me as well as your siblings who WOULD BE BROKEN HEARTED. :-( Dad