All the reasons I love the passy!
When Alex was born he hated his pacifier. I tried all shapes, textures, brands. He hated it, so I gave up on it. My sisiters told me to force it on him because a passy is a very good thing, but I didnt listen. He didn't want it so he didnt have it. Let me just say he was the fussiest baby! He cried ALL the time! He always wanted to suck on something so i'd think he was hungry, make him a bottle. He'd suck on the nipple long enough to fall asleep. Upon observation of the bottle, to see how much he'd eaten, NOTHING! He just needed to suck on it. So I decided that all my other babies would take a passifier!
Just to list a few....
1. It seems to soothe an upset tummy.
2. it can calm a baby down when nothing else seems to work.
3. It has been proven that putting a baby to bed with a pacifier in their mouth decreases the risk of SIDS.
4.they make baby happy, which makes mommy happy :)
One of the downfalls for me, is when its time to take it away.... Cam is almost 2 1/2 and still has his passy.... I have major anxiety about taking it away! It just makes him so happy!
Jonathon was not born a pacifier baby, but he is becoming one :) even though he is anything but fussy, it does help on the rare occasions when he is fussy. It also helps him to fall asleep alot easier. I usually just have to give him his pacifier and set him down in order for him to fall asleep. I love it! I love that he doesnt have to be rocked or held in order to fall asleep, but I do enjoy it, so he is usually put to sleep that way. It's not always nesassary, though. It help me out because I do have two other kids :)


No comments:
Post a Comment