So, I had my baby Friday 27, 2009. He came in weighing 6lbs 8oz and 18 inches long. I cant get my photos to upload, my stupid photoshop is being stubborn, but he is the cutest little guy!! (I will try to upload photos again tomorrow) He has a full head of lightish hair and just so cute! I could go on forever about how cute he is,but I wont. I will tell you my labor story instead, cause I know I love to hear about other peoples labors, so I'll share mine:).
I was scheduled for an incuction only three days before my due date. We showed up to the hospital 9:00 p.m. Thursday the 26. I had started to have little contractions on my way into the hospital, but nothing big. When we got there the nurse wasnt sure what medication my dr wanted to use for induction so she called him when we got there. My luck not being the greatest, he was busy and asked her if he could call her back. Well, he forgot and didnt get in touch til after 10:30, but he wanted me to be put on pitocine. So they Finally start me at 11:00 and I wanted to hold off on the epidural for as long as I could. I started having contractions every 2 minutes and felt like I was going to throw up with every contraction, I was in so much pain, so I had my nurse call for an epidural, again, my luck! the anasthesiologist was at home in bed and I had to wait 20 min for him. So i'm waiting, watching the clock and the monitor then He comes and saves the day. My nurse checked my cervix and I was only dialated to a four. I wanted to just give up, but then she broke my water. His heart rate kept dropping at this time because his head was kinda wedged under my pelvic bone and with every contraction, his heart rate would drop quite a bit. They put me on my side and gave my oxygen. Well it wasn't 20 min after I got my epidural, only being dialted to a four, i started feeling a little bit of pressure. Surely enough I was dialated to a ten and he was coming!! ONLY 20 min. So she got me set up for delivery and asked me if I remembered how to push, and I said "yeah, I think so" so with my next contraction she told me to push then she told me to stop, instantly. She didint want to deliver my baby. My dr got there about 10 min later and I pushed 2 more times and he was out. Born at 5:40 am. I was surprised how fast the pushing went, only 2 and 1/2 pushes and with Alex I pushed for an hour. It was so easy!! Anyways, he came out screamin:) and happy and healthy, even though they did take him to the nursery for a few hours so he could be monitored since his heart rate kept dropping. That sucked!!! but, were home now and he's a good little baby, and did I mention he was cute?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
he is such a cute little man!! but then again... we don't make ugly babies!!
Congrats! Glad he's here and healthy.
Congratulations! We're very happy for you.
Good job! You made it home fast. I'm glad things went so smoothly for you. :)
They asked me if I wanted to stay longer, for the whole breast feeding thing, but I told them NO!! It's just something that takes practice
Post a Comment